Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lifestyle Change...

Everyone told me marriage would be a huge adjustment... so far it is.

In college I lived in a sorority house with my best friend Carol Anne. We liked to decorate with Zeta things, Anthropologie and pictures. Over breaks, I would go home to a house decorated with Pottery Barn, Tassels, etc. When I wanted a bed spread from Anthropolgie, Andrew looked at me like I was crazy. He told me, "Your not a middle schooler anymore." I don't know why Anthropolgie screamed "middle - schoolish" to him, but that was the first fight we had as a married couple. Not really, but it kinda made me mad/question his taste. I asked him what type of bed spread he wanted. He said "a navy blue one." Well I told him, "You're
not a bachelor anymore." We decided on a bed spread at Macy's and we are both very happy with. Even though it is not Anthro, it's still really cute.

It was about a week ago, we were watching TV on the floor, when I put my foot down. We NEEDED a couch. No more waiting. My first thoughts were, "Baby, let's go to Ethan Allen, Pottery Barn, or Ashley Furniture." I wanted to look for a couch there. Andrew told me that we are extremely poor and that we couldn't. So, he drove us to (get ready for this) Salvation Army. I was a good wife and didn't complain. We looked around
at all the 1960ish looking couches until we found one that looked like it was made in the 1980's (not as bad as 1960's). We sat on it. It reeked of cat pee and the cat hair on the couch made my eyes start watering. Andrew's allergies started to flare up. I stopped pretending and told Andrew, "I can't do this." We had to adventure to another store. Our next stop... World Market. It was over - priced and we didn't like anything. We then went to the one and the only.. Big Lots. It was the first time I had stepped foot in a Big Lots. Andrew "heard" they sold furniture. Well they did and well we most certainly... BOUGHT A COUCH. And we got it delivered by Big Rick aka our new bestie. When the couch came wrapped up, it was a little confusing, but we got over it.

See it is literally wrapped up.

After we got it unwrapped, we sat on our couch that WE paid for. Not Mommy and Daddy, but us. We are growing up, peeps. And I like it.

The adjustments have been huge, but the adjustments are really fun when you do it with the person you are madly in love with, that happens to be your best friend. Being married is fun. I have learned two things:
1. How to compromise
2. How to cut coupons

Our couch is a great addition to The Love Nest.



The couch... tell me you love it. I don't care if you don't.




Okay, I see you MY BOY.


No comments:

Post a Comment