Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Angel Baby


It's true. I have an angel for a baby. And yes, I thank God for her every second.

We are going on 7.5 weeks of Evelyn being in my life. It's funny because I don't remember life without her. Okay, I lied, I do remember life before her, but now I can't imagine my life without her.

Every morning, I pray pretty much the same prayer. I pray that God would equip me to be the mother that Evelyn needs me to be. I pray that we would Glorify Him in all we do. I pray that others would see Christ's love for us through my love for Evelyn. I pray that Christ would give me just enough peace and patience to get through this day. I pray that he would keep Evelyn safe and healthy so we can glorify Him and mobilize the gospel to wherever he needs us to go. I pray that Evelyn would be a good sleeper and eater. I pray all these things so that we can give Christ the most glory. I want HIS will to be done, NOT mine. On earth as it is in heaven, right? ABSOLUTELY!

I am so in love with Evelyn. I am sure you are aware that I post pics of her daily. I can't freaking help it. I encourage everyone that's been married at least 2 years to have babies. It's the best.

Every week with Evelyn gets better and easier. Now I'm well aware hard times are approaching (teething, sleep regression (hopefully not), toddler fits, growth spurts, illness) but I have been LOVING these past few weeks. She is SUCH an easy baby. And a VERY HAPPY baby.

I bought every book you can think of on sleeping and parenting advice, but haven't read one. Well, I did read BabyWise and tried it but figured out VERY quickly it wasn't for me or Evelyn. Every baby and momma are different. Just like every pregnancy is different. I believe God designed it like that. He made every child so unique and every mothering style so different to show his mighty power. But back to BabyWise, it wasn't for us because I am not a rigid tight schedule person. Never have been. I am also not a big fan of Cry it Out (yet, that may change if needed).

So the one book I have read and keep by my bed stand is:

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding

This book has helped me tremendously and goes perfectly with my parenting style. I demand feed, which means, when she wants to eat, I feed her! I do NOT go by a feeding schedule. In the book it says, "Scheduling nursings, like scheduling kisses, would just make life harder for the both of you." Amen and AMEN.

So the first 5 weeks, I nursed constantly. LIKE, all the time. I read also in the book,

After the early weeks when you've learned the ropes and breastfeeding becomes second nature, you'll find you can gentle your baby out of almost anything-- hunger, tiredness, overstimulation, fear, pain-- with a little nursing. Breastfeeding stops being a feeding device and becomes an all-purpose mothering tool. 

I truly believe that. I believe because she was nursing so much the first 5-6 weeks that she became so secure in me and that she really learned to trust me. (Maybe not and I'm just making that up, but I truly feel that way). I don't nurse NEARLY as much as I used to because she is RARELY fussy (thank you Jesus). I only nurse when she is hungry which is around every 2 - 3 hours during the day.

We have naturally fallen into a routine that EVELYN created. It's wonderful. We wake up anywhere between 6 - 8 am. We play for an hour and then she naps for a couple hours. Then we eat, we play another hour or so and then she sleeps for another couple hours or so. Then she eats, and then we usually go outside, run errands, or do something. Then she naps. Then she eats, and I try to keep her up after this feeding until bedtime. That can be a daunting task. Sometimes I let her catnap if she gets super tired. Then we do our "bedtime" routine of bath, massage, music, jammies, nurse, rocking in chair, and then bed. The girl is champ at sleeping (she gets that from me).

The routine changes based on activities we have during the day. I also feed her more if she asks for it.

Somethings I feel I would DIE without:

A "SwaddleMe" blanket

The swing

A sound machine

gas drops

Dr. Browns binkys

My breastmilk

THE LORD'S DAILY GUIDANCE AND BLESSINGS


Evelyn loves to smile, loves music, loves baths, loves her mommy and daddy, and loves to be an angel baby. I am so blessed by her.

I told Andrew I am ready to have another baby already... he told me I am crazy. He's totally right, but he knew that before he married me :)







No comments:

Post a Comment