Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

3 Weeks and 6 Days

If Evelyn decides to come on our due date (which I hear is unlikely), I have 3 weeks and 6 days. That means in 3 weeks and 6 days, our lives will change forever. I will know and love Evelyn for the rest of my and her life (I already do!). I will go from just married to mother.

MOTHER. That word has so much meaning to it. I still can't believe someone will call me mom in just 3 short weeks. Well, she won't be calling me mom for a while since she won't be able to talk right away, but you get what I'm saying!!

I'm thankful for my amazing husband. NEVER in a million years did he think he would have to take a rolling pin and roll my back to relieve my horrible back pain. NEVER did he think he would have to put on my socks for me because there is a watermelon in my stomach. He does it all so selflessly and joyfully. He jokes that I'm his "waddling penguin mama." It's so true though. I am a  waddling penguin mama. Something Andrew is doing that I LOVE is that he is writing a journal for Evelyn. He reads the journal entries to her already. He will write in this journal throughout her childhood and when Evelyn turns 21 he will present the journal to her. It is full of prayers and biblical counseling. It's the most amazing thing.

The nursery is almost ready and the hospital bag is packed. The doctor checked my cervix today and I am only 1/2 centimeter dilated. That kind of killed my hopes of an early baby. I just want Evelyn to be healthy. So if that means she needs to bake for 3 more weeks, then so be it!  I will live! I will endure the fatigue, the swollen fingers, calves, feet, and face, the back pain, and the general state of uncomfortableness. It will all be worth it.

Baby Evelyn. I can't wait to meet you. You will be the CUTEST little thing in the world. I will take care of you. I will love you. I will also tell you about the greatest love ever known... Jesus. I pray you love him and follow him.  I love you sweet girl. See you soon.

-Mommy


1 comment:

  1. I love your sweet posts Katie. I am so excited for you and Andrew. I know that Evelyn doesn't know this but she is beyond blessed to such great parents. We love you and miss you so much.
    Tinker

    ReplyDelete